Monday, February 1, 2016

"it's A New York Shame" ; a native's Hip Hop Anthem.

I wanted write a song from my heart that really said exactly what I feel about the place I come from. Born in Spanish Harlem and raised in the Bronx, I've watched the cityscape change from the 60's to the present day. Some of the memories & experiences were good. This song is not about them.

This song is about all the embarrassments, hidden pockets of urban blight, absurd scandals and annoyances that only a Homeboy or Homegirl from the hoods of New Yawk could relate to.

A downtempo, Old School pulsing rhythm, with trippy guitar lines frame a strong hook which sets up a First verse that I can say I am proud of.



The new EP release, "Respect The Playlist", produced by myself and brilliant composer PHILLIP GELBACH is now available on iTunes/Apple Music.


No comments:

Post a Comment